LINK:
SUMMARY:
A Philippine study thinks it's wrong that the government declares abortion is illegal. The Center for Reproductive Rights said the Philippine was responsible for the crisis and accused them of violating the women's rights by not properly addressing the effects of the abortion ban. Because the Philippines is the largest Roman Catholic country in Asia, they have outlawed abortion with no exception. This causes many women in poverty to resort to extreme measures and undergo illegal abortions. This causes many complications for the women, including hemorrhages, damage to internal organs, and death.
PROPOSITION:
I think that abortion should be offered to those women who can't afford to raise their child or have the baby, especially if they already have so many children to care for. It's better to safely remove the baby by a professional rather than resorting to unsafe measures. But then again, they could keep the baby and give it up for adoption after birth. I think that free counseling to these ladies would help them make the right decision. Abortion should be made illegal to the women who can afford to raise their babies.
Hi Janelle! (:
ReplyDeleteI have different opinions on this issue. First of all, I don't think abortion should be offered to any woman, no matter how great their problems are. I think abortion is wrong on so many levels. If the woman doesn't want to raise the baby, I agree with you that they should just give it up for adoption giving the child a chance to live instead of just instantly ending their life before they're even out of their mother's womb.
-Sharmaine
Okay, I think we all know how I feel about this topic. I feel that no matter who it is or in what condition, no woman should ever abort her baby. I do feel bad for those who have many babies already and can't afford them but there are many different options. There are people out there who can't even have children and that's where adoption comes into place. There are people who want a child but can't have one and that one baby could bring a smile upon those people faces. That one baby could become a part of a family who will cherish them forever. When you legalize abortion, those babies can't have that opportunity. They can't even make a choice, the mom makes that decision just because she can't handle it. So I would have to say I disagree with the proposition.
ReplyDelete-Angela
HI Janelle,
ReplyDeleteYour topic selection is good but your proposition statement needs to be a single sentence, rather than a paragraph.
assessment score: 2
mrs s