Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Post of Many,

Writing is a big part of my life, no doubt. I love to be creative in my writing & to express myself. I'm the kind of girl who will just speak her mind & let it all out. I know this sounds a little corny & childish, but i learned how to write from my diary entries that i did every night. My entries would make me look up new synonyms for words & try to sound more elaborate. I also used to write my own poems & stories. It was my 8th grade Language Arts teacher who inspired me to write. Now, I write my own lyrics to a song & try to compose them with a friend. Writing, in general, has done so much for me. It helps me to be able to vent & be comfortable in my own skin. 

My goals are to learn more ways & styles of writing. I want to be able to express myself in different ways, & what better way to do that than to write in different styles of writing. Like i said, corny right? Another goal of mine is to help others to write & verbalize their own feelings. I want others to be able to be as comfortable about writing as I've become. This would be my way of "giving back" to those who have inspired me to be a writer...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janelle,

    Great set of goals! I was especially impressed by your desire to help others with writing, too, as a “way of giving back.” It sounds like you had a valuable learning experience in the eighth grade!

    Here are my comments on your writing pre-assessment: Nicely done reflection on your graduation from middle school. The narrative has a beginning, middle, and end and “resolves” your sadness at leaving your middle school with the understanding that graduation is just another stage in your life. What would make it stronger would be more specific details to “show, not tell” about the experience.

    For your idea bank: Your idea bank contains the emotions and physical reactions to the various experiences. It would be of more value to you if you also added specific details about the other people involved, their actions, words, the setting, etc.

    mrs s

    ReplyDelete