Monday, May 23, 2011

Project Icarus: Journal #2 - Gathering Data

For my Project Icarus, the passion I wanted to pursue was Air Force ROTC training. The product would be for me to perform a military drill in front of the class. For this to even be possible, I would need a mentor who is possibly in the U.S. military or at least has the tools to teach me basic drill commands. Lucky for me, our very own Moanalua High School's JROTC could get me the help that I needed to complete this project.

Almost immediately after receiving information about the project, I had asked a few friends of mine who are in JROTC who could be my mentor. All of them suggested I seek the help of Mr. Schubert, or as the cadets like to call him, Colonel Schubert. After a short meeting with him, he agreed to teach me the basic commands and drills of the military, with the help of some of his cadets who are also in training. I would meet with him after school every Tuesdays and Thursdays, which were the days the Honor Guard (the Air Force JROTC students who hold the flags in the middle of the gym during assemblies) also had drill practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment