Friday, September 11, 2009
JOURNAL #8: FAVORITE PLACE
-Life isn't all that easy. There are the ups and the downs, which is just the way life goes. But when I feel most uneasy & insecure, I just want to be alone in a peaceful place where I can relax for a little while. That place is the shoreline park near my house. I like to go there because it's a very short 5-minute walk from my house & it just soothes my discomfort. The park's beautiful green trees & hills, colorful flowers & plants, & the big gazebos overlooking the lake are so serene & mellow. Everytime I have a hard time about something & I just want a break, I take a walk through the park & hang around the gazebos. All I do is try to calm myself down & loosen up a little bit. I couldn't think of any better place to let go of all my frustrations & enjoy all that nature has to offer. (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Janelle,
ReplyDeleteSounds like the park fits the description of a "querencia"...a nurturing place. Be sure, however, that in your essay you include more specific details. We need to be able to distinguish this park from any other...and, in addition, to distinguish your special place within that park...the features about it that are part of your sense of self or identity.
Let me know if you have questions :)
mrs s